Candy corn is a popular treat this time of year and it even has its own dedicated day (the day before Halloween of course!) This bright, colorful candy with its recognizable stack of colors has inspired many ideas, including today’s post for a sugar scrub you can make at home. While you can find lots of recipes for this do-it-yourself idea around the Internet, all of them we could find use food dyes. Let’s make one that’s all natural, looks great, and works great for your skin!
Candy Corn Sugar Scrub
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided in thirds
- 9 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 1 cup lemon peels, loose
- 1 cup orange peels, loose
- 9 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 9 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 9 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread your lemon and orange peels evenly on the pan.
- Set oven to its lowest heat setting and dry peels for 30 to 45 minutes.
- While drying, divide sugar into three glass mixing bowls.
- Add three tablespoons of fractionated coconut oil to each bowl.
- Add Lemon essential oil to one bowl, Wild Orange essential oil to bowl two, and Peppermint essential oil to the final bowl.
- Mix each bowl thoroughly.
- Remove peels from oven and separate the lemons from the oranges.
- Place dried lemon peels in a food processor and pulse into coarse, even grains.
- Fold into bowl one with the Lemon essential oil.
- Repeat processing with dried orange peels and fold into bowl two with Wild Orange essential oil.
- Layer sugars in an airtight jar starting with Lemon, then Wild Orange, and topped with the white, Peppermint.