It’s harvest time and that means lots of good eats full of fall flavor. Enjoy the warmth and spice of the autumn season with one of these healthy recipes the next time you are craving a treat. Made with wholesome ingredients and a few drops of essential oil, these dishes are a yummy way to live pure.
Baked Berry Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops PURELY™ Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, divided
- 3 cups mixed berries of choice, divided
Yields: About eight servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish with one tablespoon of the melted coconut oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, Cinnamon Bark essential oil, and remaining coconut oil. Whisk until blended.
- Reserve about ½ cup of the berries for topping the baked oatmeal, then arrange the remaining berries evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover the berries with the dry oat mixture and pour the wet ingredients over the oats, making sure the milk soaks through the bottom of the oats.
- Scatter the remaining ½ cup of berries across the top and gently pat them down into the oats.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is nice and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving warm. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 3 drops PURELY™ Coriander essential oil
- Optional: additional pumpkin pie spice sprinkled over cookies when cooled (I recommend!)
Marshmallow Fluff Ingredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey
Yields: About six complete whoopies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl sift together almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together egg, pumpkin puree, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and essential oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Drop a tablespoon of dough on a lined baking sheet and lightly flatten.
- Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on tray or wire rack for 15 minutes to firm up before assembling.
- While cookies bake, whisk together 2 egg whites with an electric hand mixer. Mix for 4-5 minutes or until soft, then hard peaks begin to form.
- Heat honey slightly and pour into egg white mixture.
- Whisk for an additional 3-4 minutes until hard peaks form.
- Assemble cookies with a dollop of marshmallow fluff between two cookies. Use personal preference for the correct cookie to fluff ratio. Enjoy!
Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 3/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 drops PURELY™ Wild Orange essential oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Yields: About twelve cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, honey, egg, and essential oil.
- Add in cocoa powder and coconut flour.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and flatten with palm. Use a fork to slightly flatten more in one direction and repeat in the other.
- Repeat step 5 until all dough has been used.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on tray or wire rack for 10 minutes to firm up before eating.