‘Tis the season of Halloween and jack-o’-lanterns are lit up on front porches everywhere. Hopefully you saved the seeds from cleaning out that pumpkin. Pumpkin seeds are a healthy, fulfilling snack that are super easy to prepare. Just use the following recipe to quickly prepare a treat that’s good long after All Hallow’s Eve is over.
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup cleaned raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- While preheating, bring water, pumpkin seeds and 1 tbsp. of salt to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain. Pat the seeds dry between layers of paper towels.
- Toss the seeds with EVOO and remaining 1 tsp. salt until they are coated.
- Spread in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Roast until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add a Twist
- Add 3 drops of Black Pepper essential oil to the EVOO before mixing for touch of spice.
- Add 3 drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil to the EVOO before mixing for a touch of sweetness.
Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of healthy fats, proteins, and minerals the body needs to function properly. These include alpha-linolenic acid, fiber, iron, zinc, and magnesium. These benefits are enhanced by the addition of antioxidants and healthy, monounsaturated fats from PURELY™ Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. All together this simple preparation is a wonder-snack for staying healthy throughout the day.