Goblins and ghosts and spooks in the night, parties this time of year can be quite a fright. But don’t be scared by the idea of refreshments, just whip up a batch of this brew with delightful freshness. (Oh, and trust us on this one – it doesn’t taste like spinach!)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 cups green apple slices, peel on
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 2 drops PURELY™ Tangerine Essential Oil
- 2 drops PURELY™ Walk the Lime™ Essential Oil
- Additional green (or red) apple slices, optional
Yields: Six to eight servings
- In a small saucepan, add spinach and fill with water until just covered.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 5 minutes. Leave uncovered for brighter color.
- Once cool, add spinach and green apple slices to a blender and process until completely smooth.
- Strain through a sieve to remove any large pieces that were missed.
- Mix green apple puree, apple juice, ginger ale, and essential oils together in a large serving pitcher.
- Serve chilled, with a slice of green or red apple to garnish.